Lex Fridman interview with Narendra Modi dropped today and was able to finish it! I started it on one of my computer monitors while I was working on other things. I told Prerna that it was published and streaming on YouTube so she decided to watch on the TV so I watched it with her.
Narendra Modi is likely the most philosophical and introspective politician in the world. Certainly of the G20 nations. Lex was really good at asking questions that seemed to get to the heart of Modi's nature and beliefs. He is the master of the long form interview/conversation. Even Modi seemed genuinely surprised with the kinds of questions which clearly were not of the typical variety for journalists.
In the epilogue of the episode Lex told about how he developed an interest in the India through his reading of Herman Hesse's novel Sidartha (he pronounces it Hess-say). That is copied below.
Comments