I was driving to work on my last day of my two weeks notice and I felt a bit of apprehension. What was I thinking leaving a company that had I been with for multiple years.
For some reason a song by Pink Floyd came into my head, Wish you were here. I called it up on Spotify and began listening to it.
One of the lyrics of the song is, "would you exchange your heroes for ghosts hot ashes for trees hot air for a cool breeze cold comfort for change would you exchange a walk on part in the war for a leading role in the cage.
Thinking about those lyrics made me realize that I wanted to make my way towards the front line and take a chance. My situation affords me the luxury of taking this kind of risk.
There's some really cool lyrics in this song. The idea to leave the certainty and predictability of a great corporate job isn't right for everyone.
But the choice to venture out into uncertainty is right for me at this time of my life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPL_SV3n7IU
For some reason a song by Pink Floyd came into my head, Wish you were here. I called it up on Spotify and began listening to it.
One of the lyrics of the song is, "would you exchange your heroes for ghosts hot ashes for trees hot air for a cool breeze cold comfort for change would you exchange a walk on part in the war for a leading role in the cage.
Thinking about those lyrics made me realize that I wanted to make my way towards the front line and take a chance. My situation affords me the luxury of taking this kind of risk.
There's some really cool lyrics in this song. The idea to leave the certainty and predictability of a great corporate job isn't right for everyone.
But the choice to venture out into uncertainty is right for me at this time of my life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPL_SV3n7IU
Comments