I need to figure out how to better allocate my time. I have been looking for some schema to tackle emails as my inbox is a mess. I am still working to solve that one but Eric Barker has a good classification system for accounting for what you are doing.
His framework is
His framework is
TRACK YOUR TIME
You cannot balance your time if you don’t know where it’s going. Former Intel CEO Andy Grove once said, “To understand a company’s strategy, look at what they actually do rather than what they say they will do.” Write down where each hour goes as it happens. Don’t rely on your fallible memory. Do this for a week. Where are your activities taking you? Is it where you want to go? Note: this will be depressing. I assure you, you’re wasting more time than you think. Beyond that, note which hours are contributing to which of the big four:
1. HAPPINESS = ENJOYING
2. ACHIEVEMENT = WINNING
3. SIGNIFICANCE = COUNTING (TO OTHERS)
4. LEGACY = EXTENDING
Or is that hour going in the “None of the above” bucket?
Comments