was amazi
I started to read "Good to Great" because I was at a leadership training event and the speaker referenced the book and the concept of "Level 5 Leadership." I had not heard of the term before and of course had heard of the book, so I started reading it.
Great book on leadership for a commercial enterprise, non-profit, or organization of any kind. The insights into finding the right people are things that I have intrinsically known but never had heard articulated with this data driven approach. I have been fortunate to have been part of several high performing teams in business and in personal activities. I have always found that the best people to work with are those who are motivated by the need to do a great job. The idea of incentives to make average people perform in a superior manner is folly.
The enemy of great is good. Great people will work to achieve great results not because you pay them more to do it; but, because they would feel less than satisfied for doing less.
Great book on leadership for a commercial enterprise, non-profit, or organization of any kind. The insights into finding the right people are things that I have intrinsically known but never had heard articulated with this data driven approach. I have been fortunate to have been part of several high performing teams in business and in personal activities. I have always found that the best people to work with are those who are motivated by the need to do a great job. The idea of incentives to make average people perform in a superior manner is folly.
The enemy of great is good. Great people will work to achieve great results not because you pay them more to do it; but, because they would feel less than satisfied for doing less.
Comments