From Principles - Life Principles by Ray Dalio pg 134
I appreciate that everyone must find harmony in who they are and what they are doing. Clearly each person must strive to define and achieve their best self. However what or who that is must be determined by oneself in the light of honest self reflection. No one should lament not being Bill Gates, the Dali Lama, or Michael Jordan. I can only be the best me that I think I could be.
What does a successful like look like? we all have our own deep-seated needs, so we each have to decide for ourselves what success is. ...
Some people what to change the world and others want to operate in simple harmony with it and savor life. Neither is better. Each of us needs to decide what we value most and choose the paths we take to achieve it.
Comments