I finally finished Energy and Civilization: A History by Vaclav Smil. It took me about a year! I agree Smil is amazing at putting so many esoteric statistics to reinforce his overall themes. The conclusions he makes are very inciteful and important to understand how we came to this point in time.
Concurrently I've been reading a lot on AI development. A couple of good blogs on this are Situational Awareness and AI 2027. Dependence on energy is only going to increase just to keep pace with what the developing world seeks to satisfy its growth. But also with new forecasted demands coming from AI will require a big step in electricity generation as well as the associated infrastructure, transportation, storage and distribution.
Another book I hope to finish soon is Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art by James Nestor. It was recommended to me by my dentist. I was amazed at how important breathing is to wellness!
Comments