Did the Ready to Roll ride 12 yesterday Ride 12, Fulshear-Hempstead. I was having some problems with the shifting and the chain disengaging when was applying a lot of power (up hills). I was hoping that the full tune up would have fixed this. I had experienced this problem the week before during a 40 mile ride from the Downtown police station through to Gesner on the Southwest side of Houston.
It seems that REI did the cleaning of the bike, chain, gears etc. but did not make adjustments to the derailleur settings. So today I found information on YouTube to make adjustments.
The difference between the two is really that the Excellsports starts with the chain in the smallest sprocket both front and rear.
I struggled to get the interface into solid blue. I must not have been pressing each of the mode buttons for long enough because I was clearly getting a purple color. Purple did does not work so keep trying until you get Blue indicator.
Once I got that I moved the rear derailleur into the next largest sprocket (2nd highest) and made the fine adjustments until I heard very little to no rubbing. I pressed the right mode button and got the solid white indication.
Then followed the instructions to go to the 2nd lowest rear sprocket and made fine adjustments until I heard very little to no rubbing. Again I pressed the right mode button and got the got the flashing blue.
Did the same for the front derailleur and again started in the lower (smaller) sprocket. I moved the cage and was close on the .5MM spacing. Got the flashing blue.
My advice is to follow this procedure the other procedure I found from Campagnolo is similar but this technique worked for me after a lot of trouble.
If you get the purple or violet indicator you are probably not engaging both mode buttons properly for the right amount of time. Also if you have problems on the rear derailleur to move from 10th to 11th sprocket (Largest ones) then go back and start from the beginning. I had to do the reset process (pressing both mode buttons to get the blue light) a few times.
https://youtu.be/ItwlZV93jf4
Comments