Feb 11, 2018
Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss
Very happy that I read the two books out in the Kingkiller chronicle series. The trilogy is not completed yet. The first book The Name of the Wind was released in 2007 and have seen a lot of mentions on Imgur. I began to listen to the book and was not very interested in the first few chapters. But then it got a lot better and really liked it at the end. Patrick Rothfuss clearly loves music as Kvothe the protagonist relies on his music to bring him back to sanity after each of his many falls.
Second book, The Wise Man's Fear, is also very interesting. It builds more around the formative part of Kvothes adventures where we learn about how we acquires is unique training and skills in magic and fighting. It requires a bit of stretch of imagination that Kvothe could do so much in one year but that is fantasy.
The third book is allegedly written but still being edited (George R.R. Martin). But people have been waiting since 2011 for it. I am looking forward to reading that when it comes out.
In the mean time I have been looking for another series. I heard that Brandon Sanderson's the Stormlight Archive is very good so I have the first audiobook to listen to. I started that book today and it seems very interesting. The first book is the Way of the Kings. It is followed by Words of Radiance and Oathbreaker. I would also like to read the rest of the Expanse series. Since the SyFi series seems to be through the first two books of the series I will try to read from where the series left off...
Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss
Very happy that I read the two books out in the Kingkiller chronicle series. The trilogy is not completed yet. The first book The Name of the Wind was released in 2007 and have seen a lot of mentions on Imgur. I began to listen to the book and was not very interested in the first few chapters. But then it got a lot better and really liked it at the end. Patrick Rothfuss clearly loves music as Kvothe the protagonist relies on his music to bring him back to sanity after each of his many falls.
Second book, The Wise Man's Fear, is also very interesting. It builds more around the formative part of Kvothes adventures where we learn about how we acquires is unique training and skills in magic and fighting. It requires a bit of stretch of imagination that Kvothe could do so much in one year but that is fantasy.
The third book is allegedly written but still being edited (George R.R. Martin). But people have been waiting since 2011 for it. I am looking forward to reading that when it comes out.
In the mean time I have been looking for another series. I heard that Brandon Sanderson's the Stormlight Archive is very good so I have the first audiobook to listen to. I started that book today and it seems very interesting. The first book is the Way of the Kings. It is followed by Words of Radiance and Oathbreaker. I would also like to read the rest of the Expanse series. Since the SyFi series seems to be through the first two books of the series I will try to read from where the series left off...
- Leviathan Wakes (2011)
- Caliban's War (2012)
- Abaddon's Gate (2013)
- Cibola Burn (2014)
- Nemesis Games (2015)
- Babylon's Ashes (2016)
- Persepolis Rising (2017)
- Unnamed novel 8 (2018)
Comments
https://nerdist.com/george-r-r-martin-two-new-books-not-the-winds-of-winter/